4 Steps to Create a Wishlist for Your Dream Home
As home buying and selling experts, we help a lot of families make their largest purchase of their lives. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought on a lot of surprises that families in South Western Ontario could have never predicted. For some, they had to delay buying or selling because of health concerns, job security, and more. For those who planned to buy or sell and are now putting that dream on pause. If you fall into this category, we recommend taking the time to create your new home wishlist so that you already know precisely what you want before you’re able to re-engage in the process.
Our wishlist process is broken up into four parts, which we recommend doing in isolation. By breaking up the time spent for each section you and your partner/family can better reflect on what means the most to you and what you want to look for in a new home.
1. What Works For You in Your Home Now & What Doesn’t
– Create a scale from 1 to 10 and determine what you love and don’t like about your current home.
– What is the best & worst quality of your home
– Do you like the style, design, architecture of your home? If not, what styles/tastes are you drawn towards.
– What is your favourite room and the house and why? List all of the reasons
2. Space, Energy & Flow
– How do you feel when you are at home (scale from 1 to 10 and explain why)
– Does the layout suit your lifestyle? Explain the layout and what you like and don’t like about the flow
– How many bedrooms do you have? Is this enough? How many would like you like in a perfect scenario
– How many bathrooms do you have? Is this enough? How many would like you like in a perfect scenario
– How big is your yard? Do you like taking care of it? Would you like bigger or smaller
- Do you feel burdened by taking care of it?
- Would you prefer a pool, hot tub, etc.?
– On a scale from 1 to 10, what would you rate your home’s curb appeal? How would you improve it?
– What is your parking like? Is your driveway/garage big enough?
3. Reflecting on Your Neighbourhood & Community
- Do good neighbours/community mean a lot to you? If yes, why? If no, why?
- Are you happy with your neighbours/community?
- Are you close to the things that matter to you? Grocery store, gym, etc.?
- Are you happy with your work commute?
4.Determine Budget (Roughly)
Are you able to easily make your current payments?
If yes, how much of an increase could you easily handle?
If no, what amount per month would work better with your current financial situation?
This will help you determine what areas are the most important to you when you are ready to enter the market. At PC275, we provide virtual buying and selling consults for free and can help you determine your home’s value while adhering to social distancing guidelines. Contact our friendly team today if you want to sell your house for as low as 2.75% total commission! [email protected]